Andrew Muller Primary School History
The Andrew Muller Primary School originally opened in 1967 with the name"Miller Place Primary School". It was renamed after Andrew Muller in 1979.
Andrew Muller was a German immigrant who arrived in America in 1924. He was trained as a carpenter and eventually purchased property in l933. Primarily a house builder in the area, Mr. Muller was also very active in a number of civic organizations. He was a founding member of the Miller Place Fire Department and the Miller Place/Mount Sinai Chamber of Commerce. He served on the Brookhaven Zoning Board and also served as the Miller Place Union Free School District's Board of Education President.
Mr. Muller was very involved in the development of our community. In honor of his devotion to our area, our school was renamed after him. Many of his family members have attended the primary school and still live in our community.