Naviance/ Family Connection
Matching Your Common App and Family Connection Accounts
Completing these steps allows your transcripts and recommendations, which are in Naviance, to be matched with your Common App.
1) First, go to www.commonapp.org:
1. Log into your Common App account. If you haven't created an account, you'll need to do that.
2. Under the "Common App" tab, complete the entire "EDUCATION" section so that it has a green checkmark (this is necessary since the Common App must know the high school you attend).
3. Go to “My Colleges.” If no colleges are listed, go to "College Search" and add at least one college to which you'll be applying.
4. Click one of the colleges and check the box next to "Recommenders and FERPA".
5. Complete the FERPA Release Authorization, giving Miller Place High School permission to send your transcript. Follow the instructions and hit save after you digitally sign the FERPA Release Authorization.
2) Second, go to Family Connection:
1. LOGIN to Naviance/Family Connection and click the Colleges tab. Then click “Colleges I'm applying to”
2. Enter the email address used in your Common App account & click “Match”.
3. Once you've done this correctly and you see this, you are finished.
"Common App Account Matching -Complete "
Your Common App account was successfully matched.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh. doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website.