• Free & Reduced Meal Program Information

    Who can apply? 

    Children that meet the federal income guidelines are eligible for free meals or reduced meals and you can apply anytime during the school year. The benefits you are approved for are effective for the school year if there are no changes in your circumstances.  The free and reduced information and application is listed below.  Please read the instructions before completing the free and reduced application. If you have any questions about the free and reduced meal program, please call the District Office at (631) 474-2700 ext. 753 and the Food Service Coordinator will return your call.

    Applications can be mailed or delivered to:
    Miller Place School District
    Attn: Food Service Program
    7 Memorial Drive
    Miller Place, N.Y. 11764
    Deliver to your child’s school

    Please note if you were approved for free or reduced meals in the 2021-2022 school year, you must reapply each year by completing a new free and reduced meal application for 2022-2023. Please follow the instructions included in the application packet or you can submit a Direct Certification Letter from New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance.

    Participation in this program is strictly confidential including your child’s enrollment and eligibility. We encourage your child’s participation in the program.


    Click on the link below for a Free and Reduced Meal Application:

    Free and Reduced Meal Application Packet - English

  • Nondiscrimination Statement

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1)     mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
                      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
                      1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
                      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

    (2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3)   email: program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


    Declaración de no discriminación

    De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

    Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

    Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027)(link is external) que está disponible en línea en: How to File a Complaint(link is external). y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por: 

    (1)      correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
                           Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
                           1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
                           Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; o

    (3)      correo electrónico: program.intake@usda.gov(link sends e-mail).

    Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.