Home Page - General information
Welcome to the Miller Place School District
As things evolve with any potential Spring Season modifications or scheduling for the Fall 2020-2021 season, I will update here as Connect-Ed messages are reserved for COVID-19 & Distance Learning information.
Please stay safe and as healthy as possible during these uncertain times.
You may reach out with any questions via our District emails
The Miller Place Athletic Department
Ron Petrie; Director of Athletics email@example.com
Stacey Hammond; Athletics Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Kuemmel; Athletic Trainer email@example.com
FALL 2021/2022 SPORTS - QUICK UPDATES!!!
Congratulations to the following teams for earning
Fall HS Playoff Qualification!!!
- Varsity Girls Soccer
- Will play @ Hauppauge - Fri., 10/22 @ 2:00pm...no entry fee for this contest
- Boys & Girls Varsity Cross Country Teams
- Both are competing in the Divisional Championships next Tuesday, 10/26.
- Races will take place at Sunken Meadow State Park.
- Start times will be determined by current individual rankings and will go off anywhere between 1:30-3:00pm...no entry fee for this contest...no entry fee for this contest
Varsity Field Hockey
- Will host Rocky Point or SWR - Tue., 10/26 @ 2:30pm...no entry fee for this contest
- Varsity Football
- Football still has 2 more regular season games to complete with a
- 1st round playoff game/opponent TBD on either 11/5 or 11/6...no entry fee for this contest
FOR ALL Semi-Finals & Finals...there will be an admission fee for entry.
- Tickets must be purchased electronically using the following link.
- Fees are $8 in advance or $10 at the door.
- A QR Code will be provided to scan for entry.
MPHS SPORTS - 2021/2022 Start Dates
Winter HS Sports - Tryouts/Practices start Tuesday, Nov. 15th, 2021
HS Spring Sports - Tryouts/Practices start Monday, March 14th, 2022
NCR MS SPORTS - 2021/2022 Start Dates
Early Winter MS Sports -Tryouts/Practices start Monday, Nov. 8th, 2021
Late Winter MS Sports -Tryouts/Practices start Tuesday, Jan. 18th, 2022
Spring MS Sports -Tryouts/Practices start Monday, March 28th, 2022
You can still submit physicals from your private physican as long as the form is the current NYS required document and the exam dates are within 1-year to the above start dates for each season. Please reach out to the Athletic Office with questions or concerns...
LEARNING PLATFORMS & ATHLETICS ELIGIBLITY
NYSED & NYSPHSAA have stated their approach for Hybrid & Distance learning models to accomodate students for Athletic participation. (see below for the official document). In summary, to be considered a "bona fide" & eligible via either a Hybrid or Distance Learning/Remote approach...students meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled for the first 15 days of the semester
- Be enrolled in 3 core courses via a Hybrid or Distance Learning model
- Have a regular attendance of 80 percent of the school time (personal illness exceptions fall under the parameters of school attendance policies)
- Must meet the mandates for Physical Education (enrolled in 1 course per semester...Athletics participation will not be substituted for PE credit)
If a parent chooses to "home school" their child they are no longer considered "bona fide" and are ineligible to participate in athletics
Please use the following link for additional information from NYSPHAA regarding issues associated to COVID-19 and Athletics.
Other information you will find includes links to Section XI for complete sports schedules...under the SPORTS SCHEDULES tab
Visit the Athletic Trainer page for the latest research and information.
Should you have specific questions please contact the athletic office during the hours of 7:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Phone: (631) 474-2723 ext. 307
- Varsity Girls Soccer